1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FAU announcer melts down on air, challenges rest of the media to a fight

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 28, 2010.

1. writingump

writingump Member

Maybe this guy can throw down with the former Miami Herald FIU beat writer before kickoff at the 50-yard line.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No more calls, please ... WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

No, maybe he can throw down with Gary Hogan, assistant athletic director at Arkansas-Little Rock (a non-football playing Sun Belt school), who "fought" Jose Canseco in a three-round boxing match prior to an Arkansas Travelers minor leage baseball game this summer.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It the state of rage lasts longer than four hours, I think that they're supposed to call a doctor.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Former Shula assistant Howard Schnellenberger started the football program and is still the HC at FAU.

Former Shula player Don Strock started the football program at FIU.

I don't think there is a Shula connection to current FIU coach Mario Cristobal though.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Funny, coming from you, who puts on your cbssports profile that you can beat up your readers. You probably could with many of them. You probably could with me, since I'm more than 60 years old. Makes you feel like a big man, great.

7. greggdoyel

greggdoyel Member

Some of us feel big by challenging people directly. Some of us feel big by doing it from the shadows. You sleep at night your way, I'll sleep mine.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

It's not named after Don Shula. It's named after Dave Shula.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't fight hondo. He's sneaky quick and he bites.

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

OK, I'm asking for it but...really?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was hoping it was actually named for the steakhouse. But it turns out both teams claim connections to Don Shula via former coaches.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is some awesome irony, as usual perpetuated by someone who doesn't know the meaning of the word.

Draft saved Draft deleted