1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FATHER'S DAY IN SEATTLE - Day 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A. Call your father. Right now, before you read the rest of this. Doesn't matter what time is there, call. He won't care about the time and he'll be thrilled. I'll wait before I type the rest *** pick up the phone.

B. Can the Nats sweep? Talk about the perfect capper. My cousin is joining me at the game, as are Wicked and CR (I think). Meeting up with some of the stragglers afterward for dinner. One more day in a great ballpark.

C. Sunny and clear already. The Queen and I just discovered we can see Mount Rainer out of our hotel window.

D. Quick recap of yesterday. Fun Ferry ride, nice island, The Queen found this street fair she wanted to see and was in heaven. It was kind of cool. Fresh veggie stands, craft stands, a few food stands, some jewelry. Places that sell organic, homemade soap (two bars AND a burlap bag for $10, the ideal Father's Day present). Our cousins and Doc hung out with us. It was the kind of scene where my son would have run around imitating Cartman saying, "I hate hippies." Lots of ex-hippies selling their stuff. We found a neat bookstore and a jewelry store on the way back to the ferry. Well, she found the jewelry store and it was ballgame over. Many, many, many boxes in the room right now.

E. Nats won. Did I mention that on the other thread? Flores hit a home run and had another RBI. Did I mention that, too? Oh, the M's fans don't much like Richie Sexson. At all. I can't think of the Cuban shortstop's name here but he made two of the nicest plays I've ever seen.

F. Another shoutout to the Babars. I hope their neighbors are still speaking to them.

G. 2009 winner announced tomorrow in the 2008 wrap-up thread. Next year's hosts will be up against it trying to match the great work of Joe and SC. All-star hosts, them two.

H. CALL YOUR DAD.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Yuniesky Betancourt.

I saw one of those plays when he threw from sitting on his backside after getting to a ball in the hole. Great defensive shortstop.

3. Moderator1

Anybody but Dmitri Young would have been safe but it was still a hell of a play.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Buckdub, it was wonderful to meet you (and I already told your lady the same)! Hope you guys, and everyone, have safe travels home today.

Headed back up to Seattle (five days in a row for those counting at home) here in a few to take my dad (and mom) out for father's day brunch on the waterfront. I'll wave at the Safe as I drive by.

Happy Father's Day to the fathers (and soon-to-be fathers ... AB, I'm looking at you!) of SportsJournalists.com. May your kids love you and mow the lawn. ;D

This was a freakin' blast this weekend. I'm in for SJ09...and I'm looking forward to staying at the hotel to increase my drunkenness and debauchery ratings. Love you all. (awwww)

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I am so changing my tone for my text messages. If I hear "I'm Bringing Sexy Back" one more time, I'm throwing the fucker :D

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I concur. You need to change it. It was almost as annoying as pallister complaining about being bored in the morning.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Either the '09 McNulty or Capone options wiould be good.

8. sportschick

I'm changing it to It's Britney, bitch. . .

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

And suddenly I'm no longer sad that I'm not there anymore :D

10. sportschick

Fucking dinosaurs. Not liking Britney. Dead. To. Me!!!!!!!!

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm not going to do my overall views and thoughts yet, because I still have at least two meals left with these fuckers, plus a trip to the aquarium.

And to defend myself against Angola's charges: I forgot he only weighs 72 pounds, so when I shoved him the way I shoved others, he traveled further.

12. Moderator1

Glad we got out of there before the shoving started. That sounds like a whole lot of no fun.
    And if we're one of "these fuckers," well, never mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.