1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Father time kicking me down

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

[​IMG]
    You oughta be grateful I can still afford to pay your salary.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Stretching, as pointed out, is key. Adding to the good suggestions above: Make sure your hamstrings are stretched out well, too, and consider getting yourself a 65-cm ball and drape yourself over it a few times a day.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

We have to take turns being the chair, here.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't have any good advice when it comes to back pain. Sorry. But have you considered checking in with your human resources department to see if they can get you a better chair.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

who wants hr dept knowing you're still on the payroll?

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Update:
    Thank you one and all for the advice. The stretching worked. I'm not a pill person but a co-worker gave me some Tylenol. Those pills along with a good rubbing of Icy Hot have got my back feeling much better.
    A poster told me about going to a neighbor but wasn't feeling too neighborly. A couple of posters mentioned about going to HR. I did only to find out our HR director resigned last week so that office is in a state of flux.
    Again, thank you all for the advice.
    Drip

9. A few years ago, my back started going out. As in, I would bend over to pick up my puppy and WHAM!, I couldn't get back up. As in, I would be peeing and WHAM! I feel a twinge and I can't move without extreme pain in my legs. As in swing you legs out of the bed and WHAM!, it's breakfast in bed for you, for the next few days. I mean, the kind of stuff that doesn't hurt as long as you stand completely still, but any slight movement has you crying for mama. The first time it happened, I was really bummed, because I had a championship city league softball game to play in a day later, so I took my wife's advice and went down to the apartment pool. Just got in, water covering up to my chest, and walked around for a while. Something about the cool water and less stress on my back with the water, and I felt like a new man immediately afterwards. Now, after sitting around, it stiffens up, but the pool was immediate relief for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted