1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Father, teacher of year: 41 yo ditches family when student girlfriend turns 18

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 1, 2012.

1. The network who deems this necessary to make a reality show with these perv should fry in TV Hell.

That being said, I wouldn't be shocked if E! runs with it to fill space between the Kardashians and Curse of the Lottery II.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Enochs wasn't built when Levy was alive. She went to Grace Davis High, also in Modesto.

Oh, and FWIW, he was also a soccer coach. Just sayin' ...

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Anyone watch 30 Rock tonight? Susan Sarandon's molesty teacher character was back. Art imitating life...

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

A girl I went to HS with wound up marrying one of our teachers as well. But it was a He was 24, She was 18 thing. They're still married after more than 20 years.

5. I know a few sportswriters who tried.

At my old HS, a sub - a former student and son of the woman for whom he was subbing - was banging a senior. They married after she graduated, but divorced a a few years later. He was late 20s, early 30s.
    A few years after that he and the baseball coach were busted for a providing alcohol to (female) minors in a local hotel room. The coach was dating one of the girls.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If you think teachers work nine months a year, you probably don't know any teachers.

In my area was a guy who married a soccer player. He asked her out at the end of a post-game interview after she scored a goal in a win.

He was probably 24 and she was 16 or 17 at the time.

7. I know a sportswriter, who is currently employed at another paper in the state, who several years ago wrote a sexually-charged sports column comparing an female athlete to Xena the Warrior Princess.
    A female athlete was phenomenally attractive. Still is.
    No, he never hooked up with her.

He's talked about hitting on girls he covered and how enjoys the attention because of the lackthereof from his high school days.

Another guy I worked with, whose been in prep sports for about three decades, is a just creepy about shit. He LOVES covering girls sports. After one our local teams lost a state tourney basketball game he asked if any of them needed hugs.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

A coach in one of the places I worked married one of his former students a few years later. He's still coaching and teaching.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Oh, and I should point out, the guy I mentioned above is no longer a sportswriter and probably lasted less than a year in the job.

10. No props for PCLL here!? This was priceless!

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I stand corrected.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You're right. I forgot the two weeks at Christmas and the week at spring break. Oh, and the frenzy at year end to get every single sick day in because god forbid you let a school year go by without getting in every single sick day taken.

Draft saved Draft deleted