1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Father, teacher of year: 41 yo ditches family when student girlfriend turns 18

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 1, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://www.modbee.com/2012/02/28/2090490/enochs-high-teacher-resigns-after.html#storylink=omni_popular

His oldest child attends the high school in Modesto, Calif., where he teaches (or used to teach, he did resign) and where his girlfriend is a student. The girl's mom has been slamming them on Facebook the last week since the man left his wife and kids and moved into an apartment with the girl. The story has become big national news today.

An utterly unredeemed pig. Which means he'll be part of a reality show soon enough.

His name: James Hooker.

Another link from the same paper says: "A 2006 report to the U.S. Department of Education said that roughly 4 percent of adults say they had a physical sexual experience with a teacher, and nearly 10 percent of students report they have experienced some kind of unwanted sexual attention from a teacher." Those numbers seem frighteningly high, even for the poin world.

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2012/02/29/2092194/modesto-teacher-involved-with.html#storylink=omni_popular#storylink=cpy

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That guy's a classic "creeper," as the kids like to say these days.

Anyone else disturbed that a balding, 41-year-old dude and his just-turned-18 girlfriend needed to have an impromptu press conference to "discuss their relationship"?

Among the revelations at said press conference:

This reads like the movie "American Beauty," with an ending that's almost as depressing.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I love it that she blew up her facebook exposing her disgusting husband this creep who is with her daughter. Awesome.

4. The thing that jumped out at me the most was that the guy made $110,537 in 2009.

5. poindexter

haha, I didn't see that. What a catch.

California is awesome.

edit: here it is:
    District records show Hooker made $110,537 that year.

For nine months work.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Chandra Levy went to that high school, FWIW.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I presume Mr. Hooker also filed his resignation at Poin High School, what with the girl turning 18.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. I was going to commend him for at least waiting until she was 18.

9. poindexter

There's never been a male teacher at Poin High School.

Ever.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

It's a simple chart.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Chart is hilarious. And true.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]