1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Father Pfleger, STHU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Why can't people apologize and leave it at that without rationalizing it away with a shot at "the media"? (BTW - he's, in a way, dead-on. These stories do blow up beyond proportion. But to use those tragedies as some sort of human media shield ... what a clown).

"It is also grieving to me that a minute-and-a-half YouTube video became the headline when there are earthquakes and cyclones and tornadoes and children being killed right here in our own city because of easy access to guns and those become stories on pages 18, 19, 20, 25 and 30," he added.

http://www.catholicexplorer.com/explore4325/nationworld/priest-says-remarks-at-chicago-church-were-about-r.shtml

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What newspaper has a 30-plus page section these days?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not the media's fault that he sounded like a raving idiot.

And I agree that Hillary probably felt some sense of being entitled to be president this time around but I don't think it's because she's white. I just think she felt it was her turn.

It's not a brave stance to run around telling people what you think they want to hear. Hell, even Rush can do that.

4. It was the same garbage all over the New York Times story about Trinity yesterday. A deacon ranting outside about not talking to "the vultures" across the street wanting to talk to them. Everyone from congregants to some asshole selling T-shirts refusing to talk to the reporter.

These dumb asses blame "the media" for this entire mess. Every "apology" is completely disingenuous. There is still a chance they may cost Barack Obama, one of their own, the presidency, and they lack the self-awareness to take any responsibility at all.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No altar boys handy to diddle??

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Chicago's Cardinal George orders Pfleger to step away from his beloved St Sabina, and the Sun-Times pleads for his amnesty:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/commentary/984196,CST-EDT-edit03.article

Draft saved Draft deleted