1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Father of Reaganomics: impeach Bush and Cheney now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Mmac

Mmac Guest

If they were in control of a less stable nation that had a history of that sort of thing, I've no doubt that Bush, Cheney, Rove & Co. would try that. But here? No fucking way in the world. Even these power hungry nutjobs aren't crazy enough to think they could get away with that for one minute.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Well since the response of most Americans to Bush-Cheney's shit has been apathy, if an attack were staged, I think most would fall for it hook, line and sinker.

That said, I do think that article's tone was a tad hysterical. Actually ... a lot hysterical.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You guys piss and moan about the most outrageous things. How about putting your money where your mouth is? $1,000 says all this is bullshit. There will be no emergency declared. No election cancelled.

Take the bet?

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I'd be the first in line to sign up for the revolution if that happened.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I've certainly considered the possibility.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Wolverines!

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Once again you miss the point by a country mile. Fredo has no support left. None, except maybe you and Yawn.

If there was ever a guy who's a dyed in the wool conserviate, it's Roberts. And he's attacking Bush like a pit bull.

Former supporters are calling for his impeachment and just realising that Fredo and his Gang of Thugs aren't conservatives at all: they're fascists.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

All is proceeding as I have foreseen.

[​IMG]

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't think it would ever come to that. If Bush really tried that, and I stress that I don't think he would, the military would step in before he could ever pull it off. Coup d'etat.

The Bush administration's alienation of the military (mostly due to Rumsfeld) is the biggest mistake they made if they had fascist-like designs on the presidency.

But it's all bullshit, because as much as I can't stand Bush, even I can't see a scenario where we have Bush the Dictator.

10. JR, the Hyperbole King of the North, strikes again.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Bush the Dictationer... I could see it.

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Paul Craig Roberts is a right-wing kook. We used to run his columns at a former stop of mine...he was arguing late in the game that the Clintons had Vince Foster whacked...and complaining how the current tax rates were turning Americans in to slave laborers. He's been beating up on Bush for a while now.

Draft saved Draft deleted