1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Father finds man abusing 4-year-old daughter, does what any of us would do

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 11, 2012.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You choose to live in this society. That means you don't get to pick and choose which of its laws you follow and respect and which you will ignore.

If you end up killing somebody defending your family, as this man did, I respect that. If you do that stopping an intruder, even if he was just stealing rather than attacking you or your family, I respect that. If you murder somebody over a television or some piece of property when there is clearly no danger to your family, that is disgraceful.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

What if it is plasma?

Nobody is saying they'd kill over a television - I'd kill someone who was in my house trying to steal my television because they are a threat to my family and I wouldn't be ignoring laws.

But juries ignore laws all the time when they decide, as humans, that even though some liberal pinhead made some arbitrary law criminalizing a certain behavior that they believe whoever is on trial did what every citizen would have done in the same situation.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Again, "Liberal pinhead" = Centuries upon centuries of common law development.

4. zagoshe

No it is the increasing idea that competition is bad and that every criminal has an excuse for his behavior and we should feel pity on them.

Fuck them.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Unless they kill someone while texting in their car. Then have sympathy.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks for boiling it down so accurately and succinctly.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Your words: "if you fuck with a man's family, property or livelihood you get a bullet in your ass and we don't feel sorry for you, even a little."

Sure sounds like you are ready to shoot somebody over a television (property), not just to protect your family.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Zag, what are the rules when someone kills your family by car while texting?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is the manslaughtering texter a job creator or a bed-wetter?

10. zagoshe

Same difference in my book

11. zagoshe

It depends - is it a female teacher who fucks her students?

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

a female teacher who wears diapers while fucking her students? kinky dude. damn kinky.

Draft saved Draft deleted