1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Father finds man abusing 4-year-old daughter, does what any of us would do

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 11, 2012.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm glad this fucker died - saved taxpayers a lot of money and now we don't have to hear all the bed wetters make excuses for why this sick fuck needs to have leniency in sentencing.

As for the dad, I hope they build a statue in his honor.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What's really going to suck is when the dead guy's family files a wrongful death suit because you can sure as shit bet they will.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Really? Are you telling me that it's legal in some states to shoot someone who's trying to steal your TV?

That's ridiculous.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No. But it is legal to shoot an intruder in your home in order to protect your family.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

As a parent, my main thought if, God forbid, I was ever in this situation is this ...

A) Subdue the motherfucker on my kid. If I had to kill him in the process, oh well, but the point is to stop him. Knock him on his ass, spray him in the face with some industrial solvent, clock him in the head with a hammer, whatever, but the point is to subdue, because the next point is far more important than some kill crazy Rambo revenge fantasy ...

B) Comfort my child, who just went through the worst experience of their life.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

That is what appears to have happened in this situation. The father didn't necessarily mean to kill the guy; that was just the eventual outcome.

But indeed, it's bad enough what the kid went through. You don't want to add watching someone be killed to that list.

And I guess I was wrong about property defense. But only to a point, really.

7. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

The thought is, you have no idea what the guys wielding. What if he has a gun, a knife ... etc. You don't know and it's not wise to stop and find out.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Yes, this apparently is irrelevant to some of the keyboard cowboys out here.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

if the story is true and pervo was assaulting the child, then good, he got what he asked for.

but, i do believe that the law reads that once a person no longer is a threat, you no longer have the right to keep beating on them. i think dad is going to be in trouble.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

He might be in trouble but I doubt a jury would convict him.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Then the girl's family can file a countersuit against the dead guy's estate for her, and his emotional trauma. Even if the guy had nothing, a symbolic award would reduce the amount the child's family would potentially owe.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What'll happen most likely is, a deal will be struck where the prosecution will offer a plea bargain for criminally negligent homicide, he'll take it and accept a Class A misdemeanor conviction and a year or two of probation. Winning all around.

Draft saved Draft deleted