1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fat people can't work at Texas hospital

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

We can't hire you because Stone Cold says so.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obesity is not a federally-protected minority class, although it is to some extent in some states.

Don't want to be fat? Don't be fat. Put down the fork.

This is one area where the Teabag Nation Personal Responsibility Battalion could be screaming from the rooftops, except from what I've seen the average teabagger is carrying something like 60-80-100 extra pounds themselves.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I can look at you son and the only thing you've been ordering is a whole bunch of damn cheeseburgers! Go have a salad, lose some weight and maybe we'll hire you.

5. Biscayne

Biscayne Guest

Once companies started going after smokers, speculation arose that it would be only a matter of time before fat people were scrutinized. So I'm really not surprised that the topic has come up.

So who's next? Maybe they can round up all the ugly people and send them to a desert in Nevada. What the hell, it's only 15 minutes from Tahoe.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I've always wondered how those drug-sniffing dogs can pass the required screening to get the jobs they have.

Then, it dawned on me that law enforcement agencies usually get around that by not paying them.

Still, I can't help but think that the pups that have managed to keep clean are somehow being discriminated against.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A skilled brain surgeon or a compassionate nurse can't be overweight why, precisely?

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

As long as they don't have that rule for sports writers...

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Because the nurse has to be hot as shit.

10. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

Smoking/fat, kinda different.

The thing is... when people smoke, they can pass along second hand smoke, lowering the air quality around them.

When I have a cheeseburger, no one gets second hand fat.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No, but what happens when you digest it contributes to global warming...

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Well, I'm guessing the brain surgeon has to be on his feet for hours at a time during surgery. Kind of hard to do that when you're packing an extra 100.

As for the nurse? Ya got me. Not promoting the healthy ideals of a hospital in rural Texas?

Draft saved Draft deleted