1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fat George rides again at MSU?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Sep 30, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No, not as football coach. Worse.
    Barney Rubble, the king of the sprint draw on 3rd and 17, is running for the the MSU Board of Trustees.
    The man who helped MSU into an NCAA probation and gave the world Tony "Better Blocking Through Chemistry" Mandarich is running to "help" his alma mater.

Psst... if that happens, say good by to John WWWLL Smith and hello again to Pat "Steroids, what who me?" Shurmur...

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'll take George Perles and probation for Sparty than a dumb-ass deer-in-the-headlights look from JLS.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Zook looked like a genius today compared to J.L.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Would you mind translating that into English for us non-Michiganders.

Oh, and outside of Michigan (maybe even inside of Michigan), nobody gives a flying fuck about Michigan State.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He could call on Texas A&M trustee Gene Stallings for advice.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Smith is probably gone whether Perles wins the BOT election or not (although if he does, that makes it 100.000 percent certain, rather than 99.5%), since Sparty is pretty much guaranteed to get torched by Michigan, OSU and PSU left on its schedule, plus if you can lose to Illinois at home, you can lose to anybody, anywhere.

If the voters of Michigan elect Perles, a certifiable mouth-breathing moron who was 10 years behind the times 20 years ago, who embroiled the university in massive lawsuits both coming and going, and who repeatedly extorted the university out of millions of bucks despite a career record of 68-67-4, they deserve exactly what they get.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What Starman said, spnited. THe ex-football coach, capable of much buffoonery and cause and effect of many lawsuits in MSU history is running for a spot on the MSU Board of Trustees.
    Actually, you should care, because this will be a prime example of athletics wagging the dog... for those in the South, picture Bobby Lowder as an ex-football coach instead of a bank owning multimillionaire..
    But the good voters of Michigan will elect Perles because of A) Name recognition if they're MSU fans or B) Because it IS Perles and they know what havoc he'll cause at MSU if they're Michigan fans.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If SEC schools held direct elections for trustees, blood would run in the streets.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

In East Lansing, it's not blood but usually urine...

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

And they're using that to put out the couch fires.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Even though I prefer Michigan State to Michigan in athletics, I so love the MSU bashing on here and elsewhere.

12. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I figured it out by the end of the post, but you're a journalist. Tell me which MSU you're talking about instead of making me figure it out.

Is it Mankato State? Miss. State? Mich. State? Montana State? Some other MSU???

Draft saved Draft deleted