1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fast times at Hoover (Ala.) High

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Oct 22, 2007.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I can't keep people from finding out my socks don't match. How the hell did Propst hide a second family? In the attic?

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm sorry, but when you welcome big-time athletics and MTV into your world, you're going to "uncommonly bombarded with negativity." I'm going to pray that angels build a barrier around this woman and return her brain.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

A message board more screwed up than ours? Link?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

www.hooverforum.com

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I read a few of the hooverforum posts. Doesn't sound like Propst is enjoying full support from the community, prayer vigils aside.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Well, the second family was in Ashville, which is just a backroads jaunt from his hometown, Ohatchee (where he still has plenty of extended family). So he probably could have had deniability if someone spotted him in the area.

Apparently, his wife knew about the second family. Not sayin', just sayin'.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Many of the school board posts are quite fun too...

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Amazing how stuff like this tends to leak out all of the sudden when a team loses a few games...

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Or one in Hoover. Man do they suck this year.

10. Over at MTV, they're drooling at the ratings possibilities of showing the real Hoover High.

Also, Post No. 8 from the NYT article ...

"If you Google Hunter Ford and Hoover Football you should find some intersting articles about the Hoover situation.
    I am a reporter working at a suburban weekly paper in Bessemer, outside of Hoover/Birmingham. I was fired from a paper called the Hoover Gazette after speaking about Propst on a popular talk radio show.
    — Posted by Hunter Ford"

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hunter Ford is Hunter Ford's biggest fan because nothing goes on in Hoover without Hunter Ford knowing about it.

And Hoover still only has one loss -- the season opener at Cincinnati Colerain... of course AHSAA ain't ruled yet...

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

Looks like Big Love comes to HS football.

Draft saved Draft deleted