1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fast times at Hoover (Ala.) High

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Oct 22, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

$151,000 investigation w/in Hoover (Ala.) High football finds grade fixing and coach Rush Propst hiding income. Apparently coach was also supporting a second family.

http://www.al.com/sportsflash/local/index.ssf?/base/sports-12/1193078489266900.xml&storylist=alabamasports

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wow, and people act like Texas football is the only high schools out of control.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

This was the team that was featured on MTV if I am not mistaken.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Assuming there was any grain of truth written on the earlier threads about Propst, this really shouldn't come as a surprise.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Who has two thumbs and isn't surprised?

This guy.

6. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Remember the line about Barry Switzer when he took the Cowboys job and people questioned whether he could be successful in the NFL? "He never had to worry about a salary cap at Oklahoma."

Sounds like some 'Bama prep personnel can make the jump to the NCAA just fine.

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I remember watching the first season of Two-a-Days and wanting to bathe every time Propst came on the screen.

The only way the Hoover district can redeem itself, at least in my mind, is fire Rush Propst and replace him with Jeff Probst of Survivor fame. That I would watch.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Does not surprise me one bit. There's been rumblings that Propst and Hoover was in some kind of trouble for a while now.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's quite an interesting tale, actually... frought with pain and angst, the inevitable "We need to keep him through the season for the kids," two school board members with a dueling cleavage contest and fueled by a message board more screwed up than ours. Oh, did I mention the high school prinicpal who lasted a year -- going in as Rush's college roommate (oops, forgot to bring that up at the job interview) and going out kicking and screaming and telling the world about the hidden second family?

Hoover has two state sanctions in the last year (spying on practice and using ineligible players in a JV game on Propst's say so) and are facing a third for an ineligible transfer.
    It will not be a matter of If he goes but when.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Then there's the vice-principal who resigned last week, and was having "an improper" relationship with Probst.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yeah, there was some nice cleavage on the school board mammies.

Draft saved Draft deleted