1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fashion faux pas???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ColbertNation, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

With the need for a qualifier I'd rather have you not agree with me.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there's a hard and fast style rule about black and brown, but I do know that I used to date a girl who would freak out if she ever caught me wearing black and dark blue at the same time.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but if I'm dressing up, I usually try to match shirt-belt-socks and pants-tie/undershirt. Is that right or am I way off?

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh don't worry ... I'm hoping it never has to happen again.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No problem. I am just tickled by the idea that you took 2 minutes out of your life to actually type a qualifier. It's time you are not getting back.

Cheers !

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Paging Dr. Frank Ridgeway. STAT. Fashion emergency.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Undershirt?

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Dress belt should match dress shoes in color, texture, sleekness. There's a lot more leeway on informal belts/shoes. Socks match pants if you are wearing a suit (or OK anytime) -- they can match or slightly echo shirt on more informal dress like khakis or jeans. The tie is a free agent usually, but if there's more than one color, one of the less dominant ones should echo a color in the shirt. If you wear a pocket square, it should not execatly match tie, but there ought to be a complementary color somewhere, unless the pocket square is white, which is usually the case when I wear one (which I don't always do -- only in pretty formal situations but never for a job interview, too flashy).

8. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm in PR now. I have much time to waste now, my friend.

Peace.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

It always matters how you look. Not saying everyone should always be wearing the latest fashion or be dressed to the nines, but you should at least look like some thought was put into what you're wearing.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Why though? There are many instances -- more often than not, actually -- where it doesn't matter a bit what you're wearing.

11. Matters to whom?

12. jps

jps Active Member

to get to the other side, I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted