1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fashion faux pas???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ColbertNation, Nov 13, 2008.

1. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

So I'm at my desk tonight, and I look down and see that I'm wearing black pants and brown shoes. This isn't the first time I've worn this particular combo, but I think it's the first time I've looked at it this closely, and for some reason, it just looked odd.
    Are brown shoes OK with black pants? I'm not even sure how much I care. Right now, it's more of a curiosity than anything else.

2. What color were your socks?

3. pallister

pallister Guest

If you wear sandals, you won't have any problems.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Socks, man ... what colour were the socks?

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. GQ says maybe you could:

http://men.style.com/gq/fashion/styleguy/shoes/485

6. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

CN, are you looking to attract the sort of woman who thinks, "Oh, look, he needs a woman in his life"? Because that's one way.

7. I've worn the same pair of shoes for the last year.

Makes things easier.

8. jps

jps Active Member

black and brown don't mix, says mrsjps. I say, in some instances, they can. but a shoes/pants mix I don't see working out well, no.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

How difficult is it to find some black shoes? I mean, black sneakers, black dress shoes, black casual shoes. I'm not among the sartorially gifted, but ...

Can't wait to hear that women dig this ...

10. I, too, am curious to know what color the socks were.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Casual pants and shoe combo ok but for dress pants/ suit - navy blue or gray is as far as you should go with Brown shoes.

12. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

CN,

Why the hell would you care? I mean, if you are just sitting at your desk, not going to some event where it matters how you look, what difference does it make?

Of course, I am someone who gave up trying to look right years ago. Whatever comes out of my closet is fine with me. There have been times where after getting what I think is "dressed right" for some even, I walk down the hall and my daughter just shakes her head and sends me back to try again.

Draft saved Draft deleted