1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farmington sports writer job - longest ad ever on SJ board?

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by bbb1978, Apr 18, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

...and how much does the sports designer/writer have to deal with the FBI or go digging for cultural issues?! Why is this relevant for a job posting? Terrible ad.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It didn't happen here.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The ad wasn't clear... is this the largest media entity in the Four Corners?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There are some Macy's in Arizona and Texas, so there's hope.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I will pay $5 to anyone who interviews in person wearing a Cleveland Indians cap.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Troy, you are a winner and the outdoor life in NM rocks. But parallel structure chief -- hiring and hunting.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I think it's Shiprock.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That huge ad, and they forgot the most important part: Just minutes to Tahoe.

9. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Big ad, but JD's from a few years ago still has it beat. Granted it has some unofficial aspects, but that was a tour de force.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/80045/

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's a cartel war. One from Durango puts one from Shiprock in the hospital, one from Farmington puts one from Cortez in the morgue. It isn't pretty.

11. Traveling

Traveling Member

Lack of brevity aside, you sell what's on the shelves. If all of the paper's bragging points check out, I don't have a problem with it. Their peers in the big city dailies in the region certainly aren't going to toot this paper's horn.

Also, since I've known many sports guys who worked up their way into news, there's a good rationale behind talking about non-sports coverage. Especially since they make it a point to brag about hiring from within.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If it's what I think it is, it's Window Rock, where the town radio station has occasionally broadcast Suns games ... in Navajo.

Draft saved Draft deleted