1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FarmerJ's tale of woe or an SI rant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Aug 8, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Fuck fucking fuck I hate Sports Illustrated.
    On a whim, I bought a subcription for Dr. J a while back. The mags keep coming, no problem, no renewal notice, no nothing.
    Yesterday a $50 charge shows up on my online bank account. Keep in mind, I only had an extra $10 after I paid all my credit cards and bought Dr. J an anniversary present.

So the first charge to come through was the SI charge. Then my most expensive credit card when through, thus putting me in the hole.
    Two more credit cards and a paypal payment later, I'm in the hole about sixty bucks. But no, add another $90 for bouncing checks.

Keep in mind that we called SI the second we saw this charge and they said it would take SEVEN TO TEN FUCKING DAYS to refund my money.

I'm so pissed I could get a FUCKING HAIRCUT, but I still have -$60 in my bank account.

So fuck you SI, FUCK YOU.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But you have Nipplegate pictures from me to cheer you up!

Sorry about that. Love how they send through the big charges first so they can fuck you over on the $8 lunch bills.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

The best part will be tomorrow, when I finally get charged for the $2 bottle of soda Dr. J bought in Canaday.

Fucking hotel vending machine would only take debit/credit cards.

That's $2 for the soda, .35 ATM charge and $30 overdraft fee.

On a positive note, when I told the bank chick about the soda she told me she'd pay the $30 herself.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

My all-time record was an 89-cent purchase that put me at -$0.47 because a check went through a day before it was supposed to. Subsequently, I got hit with a $30 overdraft charge. There is a dent in my closet door from when I found out about that one.

Sorry to hear about it, F.J.

Fuckabuncha SI.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I hope you had a helluva soda, Dr. J!!!

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I once had a $65 cheeseburger.

$7.50 for lunch, $30 bank fee, $25 returned check fee from the restaurant, plus tip.

Wheeeee.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's the new Food Network show. "Lunch on $65," starring IJAG! :D

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't bake apple pies in short denim and gingham outfits, however.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yeah, my 89-cent candy bar was actually a $30.89 Snickers. I loves me some Snickers, but not THAT much. ::)

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

But other than that, IJAG, how were the fries?

That's a funny story.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No it's not. :D

12. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Does that mean you don't wear anything when you bake?

And I'm not even gonna think about what happens when you bake chicken.

Draft saved Draft deleted