1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farm Aid 2009

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just a reminder Farm Aid is this weekend. Help your local farmer bridge the gap between costs and federal subsidies. ADM and Con Agra are counting on you.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I didn't even know Farm Aid still existed.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I didn't know it still existed either.
    However I just looked at the website for it.
    It was at a 21,000 seat ampitheater outside of St. Louis after being held in stadiums the first few years.
    This year's lineup was decent.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

In fairness, isn't Farm Aid about helping family farmers? And can't we find a way to distinguish between Farmer Brown, who has 10 acres and a barnful of cows, and ADM or Con Agra?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, please don't make me feel obligated to oppose Neil Young.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Attended the very first one back in 1985.

Looked up the list of artists today and have literally no recollection of a number of these--Glen Campbell, X, John Denver, Johnny Cash (Cash in 1985 didn't carry the same, shall we say, reverence in the non-country community that he developed over the last decade of his life).

And no, I wasn't physically incapable of remembering the day. Just wish I had a better recall on some artists who I caught for the first and only time.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Were I they, I wouldn't bet the farm on this being a regular gig...

Draft saved Draft deleted