1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fargo the TV series

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dreunc1542, Apr 14, 2014.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There is something about evil being done in a snowy environment - the contrast of a white (purity) landscape - that really works. Saw it this past season on Fargo, Hannibal and The Black List. It really works.
    An outstanding production.

I hope Tolman and Hanks are back next year (since everyone else is pretty much dead). Pretty interesting that Tolman and Thornton weren't in a scene together until the end.

That massacre scene a few eps back though - don't know if it was written that way or it was the director's choice - but just a phenomenal piece of filmmaking.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think Allison Tolman (Molly) should be the Emmy winner for best actress

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

She'd be on my short list, 'yab.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Second season coming, albeit with new cast, characters, setting:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/fx-orders-fargo-season-2-featuring-new-setting-new-characters

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Is anyone else watching the 2nd season of "Fargo"? As good or better than the 1st season.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Love it. Patrick Wilson is nailing young Lou, but really the whole cast has been great. This season's not over yet and I already can't wait to see what they do with the next one.

Dyno and HC like this.
  8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Hell yeah. My favorite show right now.

Ted Danson, among others, is acting his ass off. Nick Offerman and Bokeem Woodbine have been awesome, too.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The shot at the end of this week's episode, with the cops coming in slowly through the woods while Peggy trembles trying to cut Hanzee's hair ... that was art. Beautiful tension. I'm usually a couple of days late on watching Fargo because I work early on Mondays and watch my Sunday shows On Demand on Monday night, but damn, this season has been enthralling.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This year's version is my favorite show on TV in years. Every scene is just fascinating.

If I was quoted on the show's poster, it would say:

"It's so good, I never once even reach from my phone" -- TigerVols

HC likes this.
  11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nothing better on TV right now.

Dyno likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've been listening to Bret Easton Ellis' podcast with Quentin Tarantino (it's close to two hours long, with Ellis' usual amount of bloviating elongating the whole thing, but I digress ...), and Ellis spoke at length about the movie vs. Golden Age of TV debate. The jist being that as good as TV is right now, it's a writer's medium rather than a director's medium, and movies (well, some of them at least) still demand to be seen on a big screen because the subtle artistic sensibilities of the direction come through.

I bring this up because if there's one show I would love to watch on the big screen in a theater, it would be this season of Fargo. It feels like it's shot a lot more like a movie than a standard TV show. I guess you could probably lump Game of Thrones into that category as well. Also,

SPOILER ALERT for those who aren't 100 percent caught up

That UFO? The fuck?

Draft saved Draft deleted