1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fargo the TV series

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dreunc1542, Apr 14, 2014.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought Molly was a-goner for sure when she dropped.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Oh for sure I did too. A little hot dish and a few Tom & Jerrys and she'll be chasing bad guys lickity-split.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Would prefer not to get these spoilers since I didn't read the article in question.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You're right, HC. sorry.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Well, THAT was certainly a twist.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I love that I really can't guess where the story is going to go.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I caught up tonight. I thought the jump forward slowed things down a bit more than I would have liked this late in the season, but otherwise I'm still really liking it. Like HC, I'm kept guessing from episode to episode. Don't ever really have a grasp on where it's going next.

8. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Fargo was absolutely amazing last night. There was almost an hour between killings, but you were on the edge every minute in between. Thornton deserves a nomination.

9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I thought last night's episode was "aces."

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I realize nothing Lorne, or whatever his name is, does should shock me at this point, but I was stunned by the elevator scene. I guess I figured even he wouldn't sacrifice all the time and work and money when he was so close to getting the guy in witness protection.

11. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Just the way he said "aces" cracked me up.

I thought it was the best episode of the series. Lester's complete change, even before the time jump, doesn't make sense to me, but it helped make a fun show.

I was more surprised by Lester's set up at the end than the elevator scene.

Plus they included Bemidji's Paul Bunyon and Babe statues.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The coffee shop scene between Billy Bob and Keith Carradine was an outstanding piece of work by two veteran character actors. And Molly taking her sweet time to get there --- as Sepinwall wrote, like Meadow Soprano trying to parallel park --- only added to the tension.

Draft saved Draft deleted