1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fargo the TV series

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dreunc1542, Apr 14, 2014.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

So how did Lou get the limp?

edit:
    He mentioned in season 1 he took a bullet to the hip during a traffic stop & that's why he quit being a cop & opened the diner.

Nevermind.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I just finished eye-guzzling both the first and second seasons, and they both are in the tier of television shows, for me, that rest right above the highest tier of Broadchurch (1), Band of Brothers and True Detective (1).

Both Fargo 1 and 2 are great, but for different reason. Season 1 made you care much more for the characters and season 2 was just show well made that it blew me away.

I am OK with the aliens. I love the linking of seasons at the end of the last episode. I also think season 3 could possibly tie some things about seasons 1 and 2 together.

Could season 3 bridge 1979 with 2010 or so where we see the death of the mother, what drove the grandfather out of police work, the maturing of the deaf killer and a few other things.

I also think, and it was mentioned in one of the seasons, that humans could be play pieces of aliens. The characters of Billy Bob Thorton and the Indian could be placed into the game just to make everything exciting. It would also explain why the aliens interrupted the choking of the police officer. The aliens did not like the way the game was going and changed it, like we do when we are kids and we don't like a certain game. I think aliens are the ones telling the story. They are the narrators.

I'm looking forward to season 3. I just hope it is another piece of this puzzle.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Liked the first season and I believe season 2 is among the best seasons in the history of TV. Just incredibly great and interesting and well made.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Agree 100 percent.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Anyone else watching the new season? It's not really grabbing me so far. I loved seasons one and two so I'm willing to give it more time but I was wondering what other people were thinking.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Good not great, though as always I love the tone and quirks that are staples of the series.

Never been the biggest McGregor fan, so having two of him isn't doing much for me.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Just getting caught up now that playoffs are over. Found the start of season 3 a bit hard to get into but the last few episodes have sucked me right in.

I am curious as to what happened to Jim Gaffigan - he's not in the show and there is no character with the name announced for him.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

His wife had a brain tumor. Maybe he dropped out.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Just found it interesting that they would remove the character rather than recast.

Draft saved Draft deleted