1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fargo 50K seeks copy editor/designer to work on desk 4 days per week

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by jmiller, Aug 27, 2007.

1. I believe those heaters are standard on all cars sold in that area.

And I second Fisch's emotions. The Forum's columnist, Mike McFeely, is a great guy, and a pretty damned good writer, too.

The only thing I didn't like about Fargo was that it was a little isolated. The winter weather, in its own way, was intriguing. Once you've been through 30 below zero (actual temp, not wind chill), it's almost like a badge of honor.

And yes, it does keep out the riff-raff (so I was told by just about everybody there).

If none of this scares off the younguns, apply. I think you'll like it. Who knows, you might even decide to stay a while.

2. Fisch

Fisch Member

Just remember one thing about weather, you can always add layers of clothes or turn up the heat when it's cold. It's a lot harder to stay cool when it's hot. And that's why I'm living in Seattle now, and no longer St. Louis.... lol

As for their newest designer, Claire, I met her when I stopped in Fargo on my drive from STL to SEA. She seems really nice. Her clips are on NPD too if you want to see some of the stuff she's been doing. She was straight out of Mizzou, so any college students out there, don't be afraid to apply.

3. Full of Shit

Full of Shit Member

Apropos of nothing, why was the Coen Brothers movie called "Fargo" when it was set in Minnesota?

???

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The plot was hatched in Fargo. It looked like the conspirators met in the Club 707 or whatever that place on University Avenue (I think) between downtown and NDSU was called, although it was probably shot on a Hollywood set.

5. I thought it was called the King of Clubs (or maybe Jack of Clubs), and I thought it was on NP Avenue west of downtown.

I've also heard it was some bar in Minneapolis, although I distinctly remember that place being in Fargo.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Jason apparently has received a promotion, and the SE job is open, according to jjobs.com.

Congrats, Jason.

Draft saved Draft deleted