1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ilmago, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

I made an ass of myself on several occasions here at SJ, and I totally reported the death of Mandela when he was still alive. I made some terrible mistakes, and for that I apologize. I'm not writing this thread to get sympathy or anything of that nature. Just wanted to say that I'll be deleting my account after this thread of mine. I've had some great discussions here at SJ, and I just wanted to make it clear that I didn't copy and paste all my new threads or replies, a lot of them were from me.

I've met some decent people here, especially in the Wrestling thread, there's a lot of great passionate wrestling fans here, and I for one can appreciate that. Some members that really stuck out for me is:

-Baron
    -Harley(hopefully you can get your son back)
    -Mystery
    -93Devil

I've left a few off the list, but you guys were guys were always nice to me...well most of the time ;)

To all the other members(well most of them) you guys know your stuff when it comes to sports, it's incredible how much you know.

Anyway, that's all I have to say...I know some of you don't care, or will laugh at this thread or just mock me, do as you wish.

I bid you farewell.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Since when is making an ass of yourself and posting unfounded, untrue crap a reason to leave SportsJournalists.com?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

In my case, it got me promoted to moderator. *shrug*

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Now that he's leaving, which of Ilmago's threads belong in the SJ Hall of Fame?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't we have to wait 5 years?

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Making an ass of oneself is a very noble calling. Don't just give up.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Quick, before you go....Bobby Bonilla. Hall of Famer or not?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That was so wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But so funny.

Godspeed Ilmago.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Nelson_Mandela

Nelson_Mandela New Member

12. Big Circus