1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell Vince Young

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Has he been diagnosed with depression or is Dr. BYH using it as an excuse for the failures of his hero?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

McNabb for Young, straight up

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Who would you rather have as your starter next season McNabb or Young?

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Neither

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

McNab - a much more polished QB

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Looking at how Young shined at UT and has now flamed out makes me wonder as to whether Cam Newton's arc will be similar. Some of the comments I've heard about Young are whether he worked hard enough at being a QB; the studying needed to become successful. When I think of the top QBs now in the league, almost all of them are known as tireless workers who have put a great effort to learning the position. Will Cam Newton (or even Gabbert or Mallet; Luck seems to show that he's done it) put in the work needed? That's the huge question.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Roethlisberger does not strike me as tireless worker in the filmroom.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'd call him the exception; plus he has had the luxury of playing with one of the top 3 defenses.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He is also a tough, tough guy. That isn't something anyone says about Vince Young, least of all his teammates.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

You watched that Rose Bowl and though "Vince Young, overrated"?

Really?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

According to one of the Arkansas radio guys, Mallet has a posse.

Nice start.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Young's mental issues, which are real and sad, prevent him from being employable as an NFL QB unless he finds the willingness to treat them. He's got the physical ability, and he's proved it.
    The primary problem for spread offense QBs in the pros is that they are coming off a system where you only run about eight basic plays. They haven't really learned HOW to learn an offense.

Draft saved Draft deleted