1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell Vince Young

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

If Young had won the Heisman at Texas, the deal would already be done.

2. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

On who will take a chance on VY: How about Andy Reid, high on his Mike Vick reclamation? The Eagles could use an upgrade at third-string.

3. Devin

Devin Member

Drew Brees is 31 and has played in the league for 11 yrs (with injuries)

He doesn't have a whole lot left in him and you're not going to see to many hang around like Brett Favre did and play at this level.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Brees' age has nothing to do with the idea that VY couldn't run Payton's offense.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Semi-related, but it's pretty astounding to look at the list of accumulated talent in that "Greatest Game Ever" and see how many of those guys have been underachievers and in most places complete flops in the NFL: Leinart, Bush, Jarrett, LenDale, Winston Justice, Vince Young, Selvin Young, Limas Sweed, Michael Huff. There are some pretty good linemen from that game, though. And also Jamaal Charles and Steve Smith.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good on Bud for choosing THE GREATEST COACH IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD over THE GREATEST QUARTERBACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. I still believe Vince is going to win a shitload of games for someone, but it was unsalvageable in Tennessee and he was more to blame than Fisher. I hope he matures a little bit. Depression is no laughing matter and nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to be mocked, contrary to what some on this thread think.

That said, good on TigerVols for pointing out the Titans just fucking won games with Young and didn't even tread water the last two times Collins was the QB (and YGBFKM, the reason he didn't mention 2008 is b/c the last two years have proven it was a fluke). Funny, I do that and I'm accused of sucking his cock. Again: Young can win games--a lot of games. I'll be rooting for him to land on his feet, and to make the assholes of the world look foolish.

7. No words for kinfolk.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Never understood why people were so high on Young. I thought he was terribly overrated coming out of college and his NFL career seems spotty at best. Reminds me of Cordell Stewart. Great athlete, but not all there.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

plus you don't like black people.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You're just pissed because you share the same Wonderlic score and he makes more money.

11. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Young is probably one of the best QBs of the current era who clearly cannot manage to give his all on a consistent basis. He can't be counted on in the locker room, his health has been a question, and he's always on the verge of falling apart due to influences great QBs would ignore completely. His numbers and record are definitely solid, but all the peripheral BS makes him a big risk and a definite headache.

Does he make a bad team like Arizona several wins better? I'd think so. Does he take a borderline playoff team to the Super Bowl? I'd think not.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The hardest possible SIX.

Draft saved Draft deleted