1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell Vince Young

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 5, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14512825/titans-owner-adams-its-time-to-let-vince-young-go

Wow. Thought Bud Adams would always protect Fragile Vince.

BYH calling me and Bud Adams racist in 3, 2, 1.....

2. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Finally the Titans got smart. It'll be interesting to see who takes a chance on Young. Better have a pretty reliable backup. Vince is anything but consistent.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If God has a sense of humor, he'll land in Jacksonville.

4. Glad he chose Fisher over Young.
    I was told Adams' Christmas card was he, Young and Chris Johnson in santa hats.

5. mb

mb Active Member

Be kinda funny if he shitcanned the both of 'em.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Oakland anyone?

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

hey, good for bud. everyone was under the impression he was a young guy all the way, but after speaking with the entire coaching staff and i'd imagine a few players, he came to the conclusion that young is a long way from being salvagable. whether fisher stays or not.

i gotta say i've gained more respect for bud here...

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Someone roll off the tarp in Jacksonville so I can kick back and watch this puppy unfold.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Vince Young was 30-18 as a starter.

Jeff Fisher has a career record of 142-120.

I'd say the wrong guy's getting the boot. Perhaps in any other season, they'd both be gone this week. But given the labor situation, it seems teams are a little slow in pulling the trigger, so Fisher will most likely be back.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'm really surprised Young's biggest supporter gave him the boot, but given Young's antics, it's probably the right decision.

11. Chances he'll end up with my beloved Redskins? We can get him for a fifth rounder right about now

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It's pretty clear, given the last couple of years, that the Titans won in spite of Young. It says a lot that Fisher, on what many considered to be the hot seat, was willing to suffer through a lost half a season with Rusty Smith and a 345-year-old Kerry Collins instead of putting up with another second of VY's bullshit. And perhaps I missed it, but if VY was so important to the team and so respected, where's the outrage from his teammates?

Draft saved Draft deleted