1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell Urban?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Yet even Ohio State is like, “whoa, not cool, Senate Republicans.”

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Boom. Nailed it. It was a cyst but the result is the same.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

It was a Purdue Boil.

playthrough likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So what is the difference of the story before the Big 10 championship about Meyer leaving and now?

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I miss the Gruden rumors. I miss them. I made fun of the entire charade, but I miss his name being thrown at every job that came open. And Ohio State didn't even allow for any other rumors by putting Day right in the position.

I love outlandish, stupid speculation about coach openings. Can Urban become the new Bill Cowher/Jon Gruden? Can we suggest him for every opening for the next decade? Can we make up fake real estate transactions in every city in America? Please?

8. BitterYoungMatador2

Every Penn State is convinced Urban was coming to PSU before the Sandusky shit hit.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Meyer is so self righteous he makes me root for Saban.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

What's ironic is how overrated both Gruden and Cowher were. Gruden won a title with Dungy's team in Tampa, and Cowher blew No. 1 seeds on the regular.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Agreed. And Cowher, both for personal and legacy reasons, has made the right decision never coming back. He's been able to spend time with family, make really good money with CBS and cemented his legacy with no bad aftertaste.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

They asked Meyer point blank in the press conference if this was retirement and he said, "it's complicated."

Draft saved Draft deleted