1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell Urban?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 1, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jesus, that guy on the right gets more airtime than the defensive line. Makes the tv shots a lot, and is featured on the SVP Bad Beats open.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Molder of men, these guys. I can see why Larry Fedora is so worried.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Senator John Blutarsky

justgladtobehere likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Stunning that Urban Meyer would be involved in crap like this. Stunned ...

6. Here come the chest pains again...

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The texts show that Shelly Meyer knew. Urban has gone on record frequently, most recently at Big Ten media days, that he and Shelly talk about EVERYTHING. That she is his most trusted counsel.
    But the texts between Courtney Smith and Lindsey Voltolini, the wife of Meyer's director of football operations, shows that Meyer did know. In those texts, Lindsey Voltolini makes references to Meyer questioning Zach Smith about the abuse and "Urban said Zach denied everyhing."

Plus, my Bill Maher rule on control-freak coaches: they don't get to claim "I didn't know." Ever. Even if there's something you didn't know. It's the price you pay for demanding and getting dominance over every single minute aspect of a program.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Huggy and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This one has some legs. It's blowing up online from what I can tell.

I won't even hazard a guess as to what this means for Columbus waitresses.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Asked not to question the legitimacy of the reporting, but out of curiosity: Why is Brett McMurphy publishing this on Facebook and why does he have a Gmail address? Who is Brett McMurphy other than "America’s own College Football Insider"?

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Worked for ESPN, was laid off when they let a bunch of others go, too. Has a no-compete through the end of his contract so can only "self-publish" stuff. Not sure when that deal ends but someone will snap him up. He's extremely good

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Which led to this gem:

ESPN takes flak for taking almost four hours to mention Brett McMurphy's Zach Smith story

Took four hours for espn.com to put something up. McMurphy put on Twitter, "I had 3 1/2."

Draft saved Draft deleted