1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell Urban?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 1, 2018.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

From a reader’s perspective, “right to know” and “need to know” are two very different things. This story seems to be crossing that line a bit.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The longer this story drags on the less I give a fuck. I cared when he was allegedly abusing his wife. I cared when she had bruises and what appeared to be texts to back up the allegations. I don’t care that he had cock rings and double dongs sent to his office. And I love that they keep referring to it as the Woody Hayes football blah blah blah. Like that somehow makes it more proper and dignified. Hayes was a cheater, a goon, and a bully who tore up sideline markers and cameras when he didn’t get his way. He was a toddler.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

They are trying the case in the media.

5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

It looks like Meyer is even pushing back against a short suspension.

If he comes back with his only "punishment" being time served, Meyer's level of smug will reach serious heights. If covering that beat with him pulling the strings wasn't tough enough, OSU will have officially declared him untouchable.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe the board leaks the "time served" so a one-game suspension will look like the death penalty.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You magnificent bastard.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Ohio State fans will go off the rails (even more) if they shitcan Urban.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Farewell Urban? Unlikely.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

President is going to be whacked if he doesn’t quit in protest.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The president has to learn his place. It's not like he's supposed to run the university, or anything.

12. I understand Meyer - and guys like him - pushing back, I'm sure they think they did NO wrong. And if he believes that, he should push back. Why take some punishment for something you aren't guilty of?

If OSU doesnt think he did anything wrong why suspend him?

Draft saved Draft deleted