1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell Urban?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 1, 2018.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Meyer is a Teflon Don. Did people not think he was kinda sorta full of crap last week? There were a few tsk-tsk columns and that was that. He runs the most powerful football machine this side of Tuscaloosa and as long as that train keeps runnin', he's safe.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Is Urban going to run for speaker of the house, too?

garrow likes this.
  3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LOL at ESPN's headline.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I think you might not have read all 3,400 words.

5. playthrough

I see "Courtney Smith" and keep thinking of Courtney Thorne-Smith. But yeah, lousy headline.

6. cubman

cubman Member

This Ohio State fan would very much care. If this is true, if nothing else it exposes Meyer as a gigantic hypocrite considering that one of his "core values" is zero tolerance when it comes to violence against women. If all this is true, he needs to go. End of story.
    Fans of other programs probably think Meyer is already a hypocrite, but personally I hold Florida and Michigan fans' opinions of him in little to no regard, closer to none. As a coach, I have tremendous respect for what he's done throughout his career and probably was one of the few OSU fans not to mind the guy when his Florida team wrecked us in the national championship. Something like this would completely change my overall opinion of him. Again, I think I would be in the minority of OSU fans to feel that way, unfortunately.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A little bit of crossthreading, but, between this and Jim Jordan, do we have a lack of institutional control?

If so, Cleveland State may as well shutter the athletic department.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The thing is Tressel was fired because the free tattoos were ncaa violations that vacated wins, led to loss of bowl money right? So unless the NCAA sanctions Meyer (they could but seems doubtful) its not an apples to apples

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's 73-8 in Columbus with a national title.

They aren't doing shit to him till he starts losing.

10. playthrough

Huge hypocrite. And for what, to protect the receivers coach? That's like sticking your neck out for the punter.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Time for another stress-related medical leave?

I Should Coco and playthrough like this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yup. I totally expect these people to care about a Title IX violation.

AB565459-2088-4B83-8EB9-53E3F922D355.jpeg D71CA3E1-E2BF-4461-83E1-D0913D069E8C.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted