1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell to AlleyAllen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lieslntx, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Just a heads up that AlleyAllen is gone permanently from SportsJournalists.com, by choice. A message from him:

"I regret that it's come to this but I'm leaving SportsJournalists.com for good. This was a personal choice, not one proposed, suggested or mandated by anyone.

"After some personal attacks on my son and then, later, completely unwarranted attacks against my now-deceased ex-wife, I feel this place is no longer for me. Ignorance and trollishness from a block of posters constantly make this place less and less enjoyable, and there simply is nothing here for me any more.

"To those with whom I've made friendships and acquaintances, I say thank you and don't hesitate to reach out to me via Facebook.

"To those who make their mark by not making a positive mark at all....you'll reap what you sow, eventually. I'm just glad I don't have to know you in person.

"It's been an interesting 4 years."

2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

As one of the people who was fortunate enough to meet AA in person, just because we were both on sj, I'm sorry but not surprised. The night Lono and I had dinner with AA, he showed us pictures of Little Man, and talked a little about Ruthie.

What some people consider "fair game" is despicable.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Some people know how to put the a_s in "class." Some of those sorts are on this board.

AA and Liesl, I'm as sorry as I know how to be in regards to this. Some get their kicks hitting below the belt. It doesn't help the overall image of this board.

Our best to AA and Little Man. Take care ...

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Some people are despicable twits who care more about winning a ridiculous argument than acting like decent human being.

I'm sorry to see Alley go. He's a really good guy.

5. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Seems like a standup guy and always brought good perspective. It's too bad he had to leave but it's understandable.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, if Alley wanted to leave that parting statement, why didn't he just post it himself instead of arranging for someone else to create a thread with it? Seems like a bit of a self-indulgent and overly dramatic way to bow out. He ain't resigning from a job, this is just an internet mesage board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.