1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell to 'All My Children'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Sep 23, 2011.

1. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

My grandma never missed an episode since the start of the show. Need to check in on her, make sure she's OK.

Heard it's heading online, interesting.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wait, who got shot?

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Adam and Brooke throw a big spontaneous party, the entire cast is there because in Pine Valley everyone is always dressed in cocktail attire ready to sprint over to a local estate for champagne. AJ sneaks into the party, he is pissed about something (haven't watched in 10 years but you can tell he is pissed about something). Tad makes a big speech about friends and life and growing up in Pine Valley (definitely needs to lay off Dixie's chicken fingers, very portly) and you know somewhere IJAG's mom is weeping uncontrollably.

And then, as the final second tick away, you see AJ peeking through the doorway at all the people he would like to shoot (and at home you think, damn, he was so much nicer when he was Luke & Laura's kid Lucky on General Hospital).

Black screen. Gunshot. Commercial.

4. imjustagirl

I don't even know who AJ is. :D

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

They actually cut off the last scene here, so I didn't realize JR was the last scene....

Why a gunshot at the end??? Are they setting up a big screen reunion at some point.... :D

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The one moment from an Emmys episode I ever cared about was the day Susan Lucci finally won.

"THE STREAK IS OVER, SUSAN LUCCI!"

Other than that, I hadn't watched an episode since I was in high school. I still remember when a guy filled in for the actor who played Tad and then the actual actor resumed the role.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Okay, my mistake, it was JR, not AJ. I actually don't even know the difference but I know I was wrong.

JR has the gun. No clue who AJ might be.

8. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I used to watch AMC a lot in my younger days and had the biggest crush on Tad. I always wanted to be Erica Kane too... :(

9. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

You may have been thinking Adam, Jr. = AJ, since that's who JR is.

10. imjustagirl

I didn't want to be Erica. She had to marry Dmitri. And Travis! But I do love me some Jackson Montgomery. Oh, Walt Willey, how I adore you.

11. imjustagirl

Oh, and this made me giggle:

http://nymag.com/arts/tv/features/all-my-children-2011-9/

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I never watched any ABC soaps, I'm a CBS girl. I know that the kid who played JR got his start on the Bold and the Beautiful when I was in high school, and when I was reading one of the articles on AMC, it said he's going back. Tomorrow.

I'll be tuning in. Jacob Young is hot -- like smoldering hot, and part of one of the best plot twists I've ever watched on a soap on B&B, IMHO. I remember watching it in college, right before he went to AMC. He got this chick pregnant, but only she knew if the baby was his or a bit character played by Usher (this was 1999, mind you). It comes down to this big moment, where she's in the middle of nowhere and having the baby. It's born and they check to see if it's black or white, turns out to be Jacob Young's character -- and then it dies. I almost crapped my pants. Anyway, they furthered the story by the girl passing off her cousin's baby as his and well, no one cares. Young goes to AMC and is super hot there.

Draft saved Draft deleted