1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell to 'All My Children'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Sep 23, 2011.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Had no idea today was the finale episode until I saw someone tweeting about it. Ten years ago I replaced my AMC addition with my SJ addiction...stopped watching completely. Turned it on for the first time today, and understood every storyline completely. Tad looks a little thicker around the middle, but otherwise, everything looks the same. Especially Erica....so many chemicals in that face she can't move an eyelash.

Any other former AMC fans?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Is All My Children what replaced Dream House years ago? Or was that another soap?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My mom is VERY upset right now. Like VERY.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I watched religiously from about 1984-91. Since then, I've kept up off and on and because one of my friends still watched. I thought last Friday was the final episode, so clearly, I haven't been paying attention.

Tad has looked bloated for at least the last 10 years. Is he moving on to the internet AMC? If not, what else is he going to do? He's been Tad for like 30 years!

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I still think Tad's hot. It's the humor, and the little smirks. Just seems like a (pretend) guy I'd like to have drinks with.

Once Myrtle died, I stopped caring as much.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Speaking of AMC alums.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Whats-Wrong-With-Kim-Delaney-130402588.html

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

My mom watched AMC when I was a kid, but I didn't get into the swing of it until I started dating the woman who was to become my wife. This was in 1992-93, when I believe Sarah Michele Gellar was still playing Kendall, and what's-her-name from CSI: Miami was the love interest of Edmund. To crack ourselves up, we'd imitate Dmitiri's overdramatic voice, with every breathy sentence starting, "Erica... ."

The actor who I gained the most respect for was David Canary, Adam/Stuart Chandler. He was a very believable and realistic tycoon villain as Adam -- and a very believable and realistic gentle soul as Stuart.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Gone With the Wind exit!
    Gunshot!
    Over!
    More commercials!

Click.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

All My Children and One Life to Live were both given the ax a few months ago. OLTL has its final episode in January. Production company Prospect Park bought the rights to both and are intending to produce new episodes for an online multimedia network. How and if it happens remains to be seen.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I watched for a while in 1970s but not since. Didn't even know it was still on!

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'd read it was going to end with a cliffhanger. Nice!

12. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

All I have to say is "Long live Erica Kane!!!" :D

Draft saved Draft deleted