1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell, SI.com live bloggers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by terrier, Sep 3, 2010.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Clutch, suffice it to say you are NOT our core demographic...

Here's the thing: The entire careers of many on this message board and beyond are built upon following something that absolutely doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, right up to the Pulitzer prizes for Red Smith, Dave Anderson and Jim Murray.

It's too late for me to get into nuance about what people should and shouldn't be interested in.

If you're talking about making this a better world, they shouldn't be interested in the final score of the Super Bowl.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

People want interaction though. So if it is constant promotion and brand-pimping it will just get lost.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Injuries and other stuff that isn't announced on TV.

It's also great to use if you are at a game and have no idea what is going on. I remember being at the Michigan/Miami of Ohio game in 2003 or 2004. Took me 30 minutes to figure out why freshman Chad Henne was on the field as I called everyone I knew. If had Twitter on my phone, I would have had it.

Draft saved Draft deleted