1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell everyone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I wonder if I would find this threads starting point even remotely funny with the help of peyote and peanut butter?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Hank_Scorpio likes this.
  2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Wow, this thread was completely unfunny, stupid and in extremely poor taste.

Machine Head likes this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Careful, you don't want to make an extremely tolerant and caring person like Ragu angry.

old_tony and Hank_Scorpio like this.
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Hank. I have posted twice on the thread (before now). ... Once yesterday. Then I stayed away for a day. Then again this morning.

Unfunny? OK. I wasn't sitting here patting myself on the back for pulling off the gag of the century. But that's fine. I'll roll with unfunny.

Stupid? OK. This board has occasionally provided a pretty low bar for stupid. But I'll accept stupid. It's your opinion.

"Extremely poor taste," though? How do you reckon?

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My string of disagreements with Ragu comes crashing to a halt.

HC likes this.
  6. Starbury

Starbury New Member

Funny stuff. I've not been around these parts since about 2006 but was drawn back in when I received an e mail with a summary of SJ
    for the week along with a link to retrieve my password. I came upon this thread when I saw the name of Ragu that sounded
    familiar. I seem to remember Ragu being a rather verbose but informed writer. Also remember my favorite poster Fenian Bastard
    referring to Ragu as "Ayn Rand" which I guess was do to his rather lengthy work. Anyhow it's fun to check in and see that many of the
    the names have changed but the fun is still here. Bartender a round for the house ! Cheers.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, my post from last night was bad and in poor taste. And to be honest, I had been drinking when I posted it. The last time I drunk posted was when I said vile things about Christie Brinkley and Moddy had to delete it.

So, this morning, I was going to delete the post, but KJIM had quoted it and said she had a bigger pair, so...
    maybe my post wasn't in too bad of taste after all.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Aren't most of your posts in bad taste? :)

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Don't sell yourself short, Vombie. It was in horrible taste!

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I try, Lord, I try.

old_tony likes this.
  11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Great. You're a cheerleader.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Did it finally come true? Ragu hasn't been seen for almost a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.