1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Farewell everyone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I've had a ball on here over the years, but as I've said to a few folks via PM, it's time for me to leave SJ.com. I have several reasons, but I am not going to get into it all and post the usual hissy fit that comes with one of these farewell threads. What's done is done. Suffice to say, it's time for me to move on.

Maybe at some point in the future, I'll be back with a new nameā€”if I feel I have something to contribute again. But right now I need some distance from the board. The discussions about the changes around here, along with some things that people have said and done recently, have helped me realize it just isn't fun for me anymore. It's time to go.

Before I go, I want to publicly apologize to anyone I have insulted, wittingly or unwittingly. I suspect you are all good people. It's just time for me to move on.

Be good to each other.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Good luck, Ragu. I'm sure you have your reasons. You know where to find me.

FYI, I'm pretty sure you won't need a new handle if you come back. I've heard they can't be deleted.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Appreciate all the advice you've given me the last couple years. When I get rich, I'll let you buy me dinner.

Good luck, sir.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If this post were a thousand words I still wouldn't fall for your April Fool's joke.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Great, now 93 is going to bemoan the loss of another SJ titan.

Oh, where are the other 84 thousand and 12 words to your post, Ragu?

See ya 'round the block. If you're up this way, stop in and I'll buy you a Heady Topper, or a tall glass of cold milk.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I am lost. I am going to be without advice on gold. I will be wandering around in a wilderness with out TBR. Just when I needed TBR most, as I was going to make financial moves, I will be lonely. Listless.

Bill Bailey, TBR, won't you please come back home.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ragu has a European woman. He wins and has no need for our sorry asses.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Did she shave her pits today?

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Timing is certainly suspect....

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Really seems the board is undergoing a round of quantitative easing right now.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If you take the first letter of the first 18 words in Ragu's post, you get -- ah fuck, nothing.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yep, Ragu probably left in protest because Jeff is inflating page views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.