1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy racing...strap 'em in!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Jan 24, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

48 minutes to set the lineups...

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

And Wuhd Buhton leads the first lap. Nice job, sgaleadfoot.

At the other end of the spectrum 3 teams forget to set their lineup in frickin' week 1, including one of the more interesting team names: Senator Mitchell's Taint. That's not just full of fail---that's ultra-fail.

3. imjustagirl

I'm tied for second with a bunch of folks. I had Stewart, Ky. Busch, Earnhardt and Waltrip. I should have used Vickers (my other Group C driver), but oh well. Still, worked out pretty well for me. :)

the C drivers BLOW.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I thought I'd be higher since I had Newman and Stewart, but I had to settle for a tie for sixth thanks to Waltrip's 29th-place finish and Junior falling back at the end.

5. imjustagirl

That's impossible, because I had three of those drivers (stewart, earnhardt, waltrip) and my fourth driver (Busch) finished four spots behind your driver (Newman). So I couldn't have more points.

Never mind. Jesus does yahoo load up on lap bonus points! I got an extra 10 for having Kyle, who led the most laps.

6. Hustle

Hustle Guest

No one else got screwed by Jimmie like I did? (Esp. when Stewart was my A-list alternate?)

I was pleased with the rest of my squad, Sorenson, Junior and Reutimann (though I also left Kyle sitting on the bench).

7. Captain_Kirk

I did. Had some situation as you: Jimmie to start and Stewart on the bench.

Also started Waltrip instead of Reuitimann.

And in a late move, inserted Kahne into the lineup in place of Kyle. Nice.

Basically, I couldn't even beat my reserves....

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Tony Stewart's Fight Club is in. Better late than never, right?

9. imjustagirl

You're tied with the ones who didn't pick yet. :)

I had the same a-list drivers as you guys, but started Stewart and benched Johnson.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I guess the Yahoo points system is like the Cup system that I hate: It doesn't reward winning the race as much as it should. My team and the other team that finished sixth in Daytona are the highest-finishing teams that actually had the race winner. But it's actually worse since Kyle Busch (104) gives you more points than Ryan Newman (100). In the Cup standings, at least Newman has more points (195-175).

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wow, I'm second in one league and first in the other.

I'm wicked lucky.

12. Captain_Kirk

Hell, all four of my drivers led a lap; if not for those points, I'd probably only be ahead of the scoreless wonders.

Looks like you need to learn to pick your drivers a little better there to cash in on those bonus points.

Or change your team name to Quit Yer Bitchin' ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted