1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Aug 3, 2017.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

DJ, LeVeon, Zeke and the rest. With the preseason action starting this weekend, let's talk.

The possible suspension of Elliott is the big talking point right now.

Things have gotten back to normal this year with RBs being the primary focus early, but it's still a receivers league. Tons of options and possible sleepers well into a given draft.

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

If you pick late in a 10-team league and can grab Julio, then Matt Ryan on the way back, that's a recipe for success.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Julio is the least consistent of The Big 6 (although he's good value if he drops to later in the first). No way Ryan repeats his performance. It simply NEVER happens with QBs. He's THE No. 1 regression candidate.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Even before his breakout season, though, Ryan wasn't terrible. He was usually good for about 275 yards and 2 TDs a game. He was always one of those middle round steals you might not have been thrilled about taking, but rarely let you down either. Rivers and Romo were in that same category for a long time.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We play in a 10 team league starting two QBs. I would love to take Ryan.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He's not going to be bad, but he won't throw 38 TDs again. He'll be lucky to get 30. Especially with Shanahan gone. He averages just under 27 for his career, BTW. In a two-QB league I imagine he'll be gone by the middle of the second round.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Sure. But no QB has ever repeated a great fantasy season the next year. Manning, Brady, etc. Ryan has a better chance because his best year wasn't at that level, but if I had any money I'd bet it all on him regressing to the mean.

Basically, he's going to be overvalued by a couple rounds.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

How many keepers do your leagues allow? We are debating. One guy wants five and says he's read 5-10 is typical.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The one league I play in that has a cap on keepers sets it at 5. But it's an auction. I think 2 is an optimal number in redraft leagues.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's what I said - salaries in an auction format force strategic decisions on keepers. Otherwise, it's just hoarding.

QYFW likes this.
  11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

He's a liar. We dropped from 4 to 2.

I've never heard of 5

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

9 in our dynasty league. 3 and 1 in my others.

Draft saved Draft deleted