1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I could see Murray slipping to the second round, but not late second round. That's crazy late for Bryant. I've seen some top receivers fall to the third, but not him.

Anybody who drops Rodgers for any reason unless he's injured, should be prevented from ever playing fantasy football again.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Funny thing is that it is probably a good thing that I autodrafted. Our biases sometimes cause brain farts.

3. RecoveringJournalist

I think a lot of people feel that way. I love the draft too much to ever do it though.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Proud of the fact that I took AP with my first pick and still finished third in my 12-team league. If Aaron Rodgers hadn't had his worst game at the worst possible time, would have made it to the championship game. Alas.

5. RecoveringJournalist

Rodgers fucked a lot of fantasy owners in the playoffs with that performance against the Bills.

Those are the ones that kill you. A guy is a beast all season long and then has his worst game of the season in the playoffs. It was the same deal with Andrew Luck.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

And if you were like me and were lucky enough to survive week 15, he had another of his worst performances in week 16. (Fantasy-wise, at least.)

7. Vombatus

Yeah, Rodgers scared me in the playoffs. But ESPN has two week (14, 15) semis and two week (16, 17) finals, so I survived those two down weeks. I prefer two week playoff rounds. And having to guess about week 17 is a challenge with teams resting.

8. RecoveringJournalist

I don't understand why some leagues do anything in Week 17. We used to have our championship in Week 15 and when we did that, the best team usually won and you weren't dealing with, "Well, Peyton Manning carried me all season, but now they're saying he might only play a few series."

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I played in just two leagues, and wound up in second in both. One league I drafted 3rd in a 12 man and took AP. The other I was 9th in a 10 man league. I should have won one of them but outsmarted myself and had the wrong guys on the bench, but overall I did ok, considering. Still kinda pissed I didn't win at least one league, but what the hell.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'm drafting a playoff league in 90 minutes or so. We picked the draft order by having my 3-year old pick names out of a basket. First name out is the last pick and last year she picked my name first; this year, same damn thing.
    Anyway, it's an 8-man league, 11-player roster QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, TE, 2 FLEX, K, D) nothing crazy as far as scoring except we give a 3-point bonus for every win your defense has.
    Guessing, I'm thinking the first 6 picks go something like this: Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Manning, Lynch, Gronk.
    My hope is to get two of the three - Demaryius Thomas/Dez Bryant/DeMarco Murray. I feel like if I skip out on QB, I might be able to take Roethlisberger on my next swing thru.
    Thoughts? What strategy would you use?

11. Vombatus

I'd go mostly for players playing this weekend with a pretty good chance of advancing to the next round or two.

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Gronk went first, followed by Rodgers, then shit got crazy. The Packer fan took Jordy third, Brady went 4, Demaryius 5, Murray and Lynch went 6 and 7. Russell Wilson sitting on a plate for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted