1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Football website question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GoochMan, Jul 30, 2007.

1. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

There's a new fantasy league starting at my job, and I've agreed to be commissioner. I know I'm asking for trouble, but the only other choice was our assignment desk guy, and honestly I'm not sure he even knows how to tie his own shoes correctly.

So far the three hosting sites suggested to me are yahoo.com, cbssportsline.com and espn.com. I'm already in two leagues (my wife thinks I have a problem...she's probably right); one uses yahoo and the other cbs. They work well, but they also cost about $130. The espn.com site is free and has the same bells and whistles, but apparently it was a train wreck a few years ago. Does anyone on here know if espn.com has improved its site, or should I stay far, far away? In that case, any other suggestions/reccomendations?

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yahoo has two versions, pay and free. Free version works very well.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Yahoo's free version works well. ESPN's free version works well.
    I prefered the Yahoo free version to ESPN's because a couple of the features Yahoo provided for free ESPN would make you pay for.
    ESPN's is also too reliant on Flash technology for my tastes.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I prefer Yahoo's free version. I used it for baseball and liked it and was equally satisfied with its football package.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We used Fox Sports for a league last year. It wasn't bad at all.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yahoo.com all the way. It's been the easiest to navigate for me.

7. accguy

accguy Member

We used fanball.com. I'm not the commish so I have no idea how much it costs. We just divide the cost by 10 and tack it onto the entry fee.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

We use statsworld.com and have since the league started a decade ago. Not a ton of bells and whistles, but a solid performer for us. Looks like about $70 per league, although I think we get a discount as returning clients.

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I am on Yahoo for all leagues. I think its the easiest and best one I have encountered.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yahoo is very good.

ESPN's baseball was awful this year.

I have TMQ stats for a baseball auction keeper league and it is the worst I have ever seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted