1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Football Shenanigans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So the championship game in our college buddies' Yahoo league was last week. I won (yay!). On Monday, though, I put up a trash-talking post on the league's message board and a few hours later the commissioner goes in and retroactively changes my lineup so that I lost.
    Now, I figure he did this either because his brother was playing me in the championship game (I think; it's hard to keep the Yahoo nicknames straight) or as a joke to piss me off. Ha ha. Very funny. But it's working. It's now late Thursday night and he still hasn't changed it back and I'm not sure he's going to. I'm also concerned that pretty soon it's going to be too late to change it back. I sent out a snarky e-mail and a follow-up post on the message board but there's been no reaction from anyone in the league.
    I'm starting to get pretty pissed about this. But how angry should I be? This isn't a money league, it's just among friends for fun and as a way to keep in touch. The only thing it'll hurt in the long run is I won't get a gold trophy on my Yahoo profile.
    It's still pretty damn lowball, though, and I can't help but feel like some sort of major etiquette breach has happened here -- joke or not.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

... Starman justice ... IF it was a money league.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

Spnited, above, reacts after reading a thread about fantasy football at SportsJournalists.com.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If it ticks off that fossillized, fantasy-hating fuck (crossthreading), this thread has already served the greater good.

Batman, it sounds like most of the guys in your league don't take it very seriously. It sucks and if I was you, I'd never compete in a fantasy league run by that guy again, but I'm not sure what else you can do.

Draft saved Draft deleted