1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football resources?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Aug 21, 2007.

1. What do you guys use? I've been going through the Pro Football Weekly guide and the Football Prospectus, which are two pretty reliable brand names. Problem is that I don't know how the FB Prospectus measures up to the baseball one, which is great with its projections.

Anything else you suggest - Web sites? Mags? Strategy books?

I know it's dorky, but I figure if I'm going to get involved, I might as well go all the way and have fun with it.
  2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't ask Chef for advice.

(Just fucking with you Chef. Someone had to say it)
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

Print publications and a healthy knowledge of who's where now, the coaching situation and offensive philosophies.

The FFL mags are a nasty ripoff. And I've silently chuckled at many a prospective owner who brings last year's stat sheet and bases much of his draft on that.
  4. Oz

Oz Active Member

I use the Sporting News' Web site, for fantasy football and baseball both.
  5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I make sure I read a lot of preseason copy on the players, and that goes for basketball, baseball, hockey and football. The magazines, unless they are extremely up-to-date, won't tell you about the injuries sustained in the recent days and how they're working with the team.
Draft saved Draft deleted