1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Football Question, Part 4,394

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Walter_Sobchak, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Going back to my original post in this thread... the team in question is one I manage with a friend because the entry fee is almost $300. Ton of money at stake. Anyway, we ended up doing exactly that... benching DeAngelo Williams and starting Jacobs/Jackson.
    Well, we lost.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Not really. I got to watch a great Giants/Eagles game, nap and then get a bunch of household stuff done before Dr. J came home.

If I didn't feel like I'm coming down with the flu, I'd say it was a great day.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! YOU DID IT AGAIN!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thank you, touchdown vulture Jonathan Stewart, for taking all those points away from DeAngelo Williams and (probably) allowing me to pull the huge upset.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm glad I earned a bye and everything but damn you, Antonio Bryant.

I'll start the guy next week and he'll pull a 5-42-0 TD line. Book it.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Quoted myself to repent for keeping DeAngelo Williams on the bench in one of my leagues. While my hunch on Westbrook proved correct, who knew Williams would tear apart the Bucs -- who allowed only one rushing touchdown this season -- while Thomas Jones got only 56 yards against the 49ers?

Fortunately, that didn't cost me the week, which means I'm the regular season champ for the first time in 11 years in that league.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You win?

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fucked on that last play.

9. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Call me an idiot for getting upset over fantasy football, but watching DeAngelo Williams run wild last night while sitting on my bench was pretty devastating.
    With an entry fee that runs close to $300, that move has potentially cost me several hundred dollars in winnings.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Flex play question for this week:

My options for the RB/WR slot are ...
    LenDale White at Houston
    Marques Colston at Chicago
    Lance Moore at Chicago
    Sammy Morris at Oakland
    Bernard Berrian at Arizona

I'm thinking White is a safe bet to get in the end zone now that he's put together a couple of stout weeks in a row. Colston has been bar none my most disappointing player this season. The New England backfield scares me and Berrian with worthless if TJack is the QB in Minny.

That leaves me deciding between White and Moore. I'm leaning toward White. What say thee?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I would go with White. I have Moore, and he seems to be coming back down to earth after a nice little run. His last two weeks have been a bit of a disappointment. Plus, White has been playing well and it's not like he's going against a stout defense.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

A friend of mine missed the playoffs on that play.

Conversely, a friend of mine also made the playoffs on that play.

Draft saved Draft deleted