1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football keeper ideas...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, Jun 14, 2007.

1. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

So, I realize it's a little early for this, but I'm in a super-competitive league with some other media folks and am trying to start formulating a plan for the upcoming season.

Here's the deal with my league: 25-player rosters, start 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 WRs, TE, K, D/ST, standard scoring. The way the keeper stuff works is this...you're allowed to keep up to three players and when you keep someone you lose the draft pick ahead of the round you took them the previous year. For example, I drafted Brady two years ago in the 7th round and got him with my 6th pick last year, essentially. If I want to keep him this year, I'll lose my 5th round pick. You aren't allowed to keep first-round picks.

I had a great season last year compared to 2005 when I finished 7th out of 10. Last year I finished third after the regular season and made it to the second round of the playoffs.

So, here's last year's draft with an * next to people I kept from 2005. Let me know what you guys think you'd do.

1. Chad Johnson (can't keep)
    2. Chester Taylor
    3. Frank Gore
    4. Fred Taylor
    5. Terry Glenn
    6. Brady*
    7. Lee Evans
    8. Ben Roethlisberger
    9. Marion Barber
    10. Todd Heap
    11. Mark Brunell (yuck)
    12. Brandon Jacobs
    13. Maurice Jones-Drew
    14. Seahawks
    15. Jay Feely
    16. Randy McMichael
    17. Chad Jackson
    18. Jay Cutler
    19. Santonio Holmes
    20. Robert Ferguson
    21. Derrick Blaylock
    22. Antwaan Randle El
    23. Ciatrick Fason
    24. Matt Jones*
    25. Rian Lindell

As you can see, I hit the jackpot when it comes to mid- to late-round picks of young talent that ended up having a great year or is set up for a big year (Jacobs, Cutler). I have too many to choose from. Pretty much the only player I'm decided on is Gore.

What do y'all think?

2. Cracker

Cracker Guest

Gore and Jones-Drew would be no-brainers to me. Would probably go with Jacobs as my third.

3. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Oh, and I could keep Adam Vinatieri, Leon Washington or the Dolphins D with my 25th pick since I picked them up off the wire.

4. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

My only concern with MJD is the fact that Greg Jones will be back and will be the goal-line back. I think he'll get plenty of yards, but I don't think he'll touch his TD number from last year.

5. Is it rational for me to be hesitant to protect Vince Young given his Madden cover boy status?

6. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

That's completely rational, as utterly crazy as that seems. That shit is beginning to make a believer out of me.

Draft saved Draft deleted