1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football columnist available

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Jaybart2, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Jaybart2

Jaybart2 New Member

Looking to add fantasy football coverage to your section this fall? I can help. I'm a full-time sports copy editor, but this will be my third year writing a weekly football column for my paper, the Bradenton (FL) Herald, as well as freelancing for the North County Times of San Diego. My football and baseball columns have also appeared in the Daily Record of Parsippany, NJ, as well as my blog on Semosportsweb.com.

I have more than five years experience in the newspaper industry as a reporter and editor, and you can count on my work being well edited, informative and entertaining to both fantasy novices and seasoned players. Price is negotiable. Contact jbartolone@hotmail.com for more details. You'll find some of my work below:

http://semosportsweb-jbartolone.blogspot.com/index.html

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/08/27/sports/professional/21_36_318_26_06.txt

http://www.bradenton.com/sports/story/92945.html

2. Not really a job listing, is it?

3. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Glad I didn't listen to you last season. A few duds on this top ten quarterback listing:

. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts: Peyton's been QB royalty since his second year in the league. Expect him to rely heavily on receivers Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, a formula that could help him approach his 2004 MVP numbers.

> 2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots: A consistent performer, Brady posted great stats last year without much help from his running game. With a healthy Corey Dillon and rookie Laurence Maroney in the backfield, Brady's numbers could take a slight dip, but he's still a steady weekly option.

> 3. Carson Palmer, Cincinnati Bengals: If not for the knee injury, Palmer might have leapfrogged to the No. 1 spot ---- but that's a big if. It's unclear if he'll take a step back this season, so there's some risk involved in putting all your eggs in Palmer's basket.

> 4. Eli Manning, New York Giants: There was a lot to like last year until he hit a wall late in the season. If the younger Manning can improve his accuracy, the deadly collection of offensive talent around him could make him a Peyton-level producer.

> 5. Matt Hasselbeck, Seattle Seahawks: Hasselbeck has quietly become a top-shelf QB, and although he loses a lot of TDs to Shaun Alexander, he offers a lot of value as a late pick.

> 6. Kurt Warner, Arizona Cardinals: Sure, the chances of Warner lasting a full 16 games are slim, but with the receiving tandem of Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin in tow, Kurt Russell could be a star QB.

> 7. Drew Bledsoe, Dallas Cowboys: Did you hear the Cowboys signed some guy named Terrell Owens this year? Bledsoe was a solid option in 2005, but adding T.O. as a deep threat elevates his stock value.

> 8. Daunte Culpepper, Miami Dolphins: A colossal bust last year, Culpepper has shown no ill effects from his wrecked knee and could be a huge surprise with the Fish. He owes us that much.

> 9. Marc Bulger, St. Louis Rams: The Bulge was putting together a quality fantasy season until he banged up his shoulder. New coach Scott Linehan is a big believer in Bulger, and if the Rams can protect him, expect some nice stats in Linehan's new system.

> 10. Donovan McNabb, Philadelphia Eagles: If he can put the catastrophic '05 campaign behind him and stay healthy, McNabb is capable of big things, even with the lack of big names in the receiving corps.

4. Jaybart2

Jaybart2 New Member

I'll admit there were a few busts in my QB rankings. In my defense, almost every publication out there got a few of them wrong last year, too.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Um, this isn't a job listing! Stick to the rules of the damn board, newbie.

6. Jaybart2

Jaybart2 New Member

Already asked the mod to help me out...

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

this will not end well.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell - I just slogged through ESPN's Fantasy FB preview. Ugh! Do I really want to read about Green Bay's third receiver as a possible late round steal or the battle to become the third-down back in Jacksonville. Make it stop.
    I'm sure SI's is coming up soon as well. I just wish the coverage could add more insight into my understanding of the game of REAL football.

9. Jaybart2

Jaybart2 New Member

just bumping this up

10. KP

KP Active Member

You mean like the informative "36 packed preview pages" of ESPN Mag's College FB Preview. The only thing I learned from that was that Urban Meyer has a pretty sweet looking grill and USC players are easy to spot frolicking on the beach because they are wearing their unis.

Draft saved Draft deleted