1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football - an idea (Second group needs an owner)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Aug 6, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Re: Fantasy football - an idea

I'll just form a fourth division.

One team - me.

I gotta win that thing. But then again, I would be last as well.

2. JLaff

JLaff Guest

I'm in. Let us know when you form the league.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'm not at all interested in another league. But just an observation from a neutral party.

When you create a league on Yahoo, you have to have a commish as part of that league. If you created two leagues, you would have two teams (one in the upper league and one in the lower league). Or you'd have to designate someone to create the one league to be the commish.

In other words, you can't create a league and just be a commissioner. You have to have a team as well.

4. 93Devil

Crap, you are right.

I think that can be overcome though.

Thanks for the heads up.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

From what I've seen of your limited fantasy sports skills, I do admire the chutzpah it takes for you to continue talking trash. :)

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Great idea, but like many others, I'm a bit overextended already. I'm committed to four leagues so far, and it's only Aug. 6, so I better decline this one.

7. 93Devil

This is already available for expansion down the road.

But I think it will have enough juice to start this season.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I will proudly defend my championship! Bring it, bitches! :D

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup. You might want to change the thread title to reflect that there are league openings as well so nobody misses it. As long as you can get somebody to commit to being a commish in the second and third (or however many) leagues, it should be fine.

Edit: I'd volunteer for that last bit, but I must have vengeance on you and Diabeetus after my dominant 2007 regular-season went to waste in the playoffs. :)

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Hey 93, just wanted to say I don't see an invite anywhere. You're not trying to keep me out, are ya?

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I may nuke my other league (only three people have signed up so far) in order to join this one. If we do this, could you at least make the stats a little more interesting than the basics?

12. 93Devil

No, open to all.

A few posts up I mentioned I would let this thread cook for a day or see to see how many people would be interested.

As Hank (from the hammock) stated, I will need people to set up the other leagues because I cannot have three teams in this or a league in every league.

The info for the leagues will be on this board. I'm thinking in a day or so.

Draft saved Draft deleted