1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lucas Wiseman, Aug 17, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

How much do passing TDs count for? That makes a difference.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'd say Stewart and Manning. Especially if Eli is a seventh-rounder or later, he's a serviceable QB. You can (and should) get a better one at some point in the draft, but you can also end up with worse. Jackson's good, but you should always take a RB over a WR if all other things are equal -- and Stewart and Jackson are more or less equal as far as value at their respective positions.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

To avoid a bazillion fantasy football threads, can we make this a running thread?
    I ask because I, too, am in need of advice. Sorry if I'm breaking etiquette here.

It's a 10-team PPR keeper league. I have the 9th, 19th and 20th picks. I can keep Brian Westbrook or Andre Johnson at No. 9, or Reggie Wayne at No. 19 and hope one of the others is still there at No. 9. Here's my dilemma:
    1) I really like Wayne. Always have. I want him, but I doubt he'll be there at 19. If I keep him, though, I'm not sure Westbrook or Johnson will be there at 9. And a healthy Westbrook is a beast.
    2) Nos. 1 and 2 in the draft are likely to be Adrian Peterson and Drew Brees. After that, not a lot of people have first-round keepers so I'd have to dodge six bullets to get Westbrook back. Guys like Maurice Jones-Drew, Michael Turner and DeAngelo Williams are locked up as keepers in later rounds, so that's going to be tough to do.

I've almost conceded that I'm losing Johnson. The guy picking second has a hard-on for him and will snatch him up at No. 11 if he slides that far. And no way I keep Johnson over Westbrook if I have a choice.
    So what would you do? Keep Wayne and hope Westbrook falls to No. 9? Keep Westbrook and probably lose Wayne? Or even keep Johnson over both of them?
    An out of left field third option is to keep Westbrook and Wayne. My other keeper is Matt Ryan for a 10th-round pick, which seemed more or less a no-brainer. But I think I can snag Ryan in the third or fourth round if it comes to it, and maybe end up with something like Westbrook, Wayne and Boldin with those first three picks.
    We can't have both keepers from the same position, so a Johnson/Wayne keeper combo is out.

Draft saved Draft deleted