1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

fantasy football (a discussion, not an sj.com league)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by leo1, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Msaint

Msaint Member

me, i'd go shockey unless he's out/doubtful. clark will be hit or miss.

and re: watson, i know you don't have him, but while i've been pimping him as a top 5 TE by year's end wherever i write about/discuss FF, this week might be a down one for (the real) big ben. no one, and i mean no one, shuts down tight ends like the broncos. last week's demolition of gonzo wasn't just huard's ineptitude -- denver has prehaps the best, fastest pass-covering linebacking corps in the league and can always keep pace with the gonzos & gateses of the world. i'm a pats fan, and i love watson -- well not love love -- but he could have it rough this weekend.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The league I'm in has three starting RB/WR slots. I've narrowed it down to five guys I can use in those spots: Ronnie Brown (v. Tenn.), Jamal Lewis (v. Cleve.), Ahman Green (v. Detroit), Houshmandzadeh (v. Pitt.) and Branch (v. Giants). I'm leaning toward Brown, Lewis and Green right now since the Steelers will be a tough game for Houshmandzadeh to come back in and Branch will play but not start. I'm not even thinking about starting K.Jones, Droughns (who I'm leaning toward cutting) or DeAngelo Williams. Anyone have any thoughts about starting Branch or Houshmandzadeh over the three RBs in those slots?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't start Branch. First week in a complex offense, he might need more time to make a real impact. Besides, all three running backs have great matchups and could see plenty of second-half carries, protecting leads.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I don't think Houshmandzadeh is 100 percent yet, and the Steelers D is tough.

5. Msaint

Msaint Member

yes, stick with the three running backs for all reasons others listed. also, musa smith is likely missing sunday, meaning jamal lewis' role could be even bigger (i.e. not coming out on 3rd downs, except for the occasional mike anderson carry). smith was starting to creep up on jamal.

Draft saved Draft deleted