1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

fantasy football (a discussion, not an sj.com league)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by leo1, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Msaint

Msaint Member

Sorry to blather on, I get into writing about this stuff.  :-X

Wanted to list couple busts...they won't suck necessarily, but are going way too early:

Aaron Brooks (getting lots of hype due to Moss/Jordan, but still has ZERO accuracy, INTs will kill you)

Joseph Addai (people jumping way too early, 3rd round in most cases. Of any Colts RB, I'd take Rhodes in the 6th -- he'll at least start the year in the #1 RB spot, unless something wacky happens at Colts' camp -- and let someone else deal with the year-long RBBC headache they'd get out of wasting a 3rd rounder on Addai when they could have snagged someone better at another position)

Joe Horn (bad OL, Brees shoulder concerns...I'd take a less sexy Donald Driver-type WR instead.)

Jamal Lewis (people think he'll return to 2004 form, but Anderson's presence is worrisome, although he's semi-washed up himself)

T.Jones (don't expect last year's #s, Benson is in camp this year and will split at least, could gain the full-time role...that said, if Jones is traded, which isn't HIGHLY likely but could happen, he could land somewhere where he'd be the clear #1 RB, in which case he'd be solid again)

Fred Taylor -- Need I even expain why? ;)

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I know there was a thread about which guy to start, but I couldn't find it. So my question:

At TE
    Shockey, who might be gimpy on his ankle, at Seattle?
    Or Desmond Clark against Minnesota?

What would you do?

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i don't know, but sometimes i think we should just eliminate the TE position in fantasy football. there are like seven good TEs out there and the rest is just a crapshoot.

4. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Exactly why you've got to be a good GM to win the damn thing; do you wait on a TE and risk losing one, or do you sacrifice an RB by rolling the dice on Gates early?

5. My own quandry:

Palmer vs. the Steelers or Kitna vs. the Pack?

Oh, and as for TEs, as long as it's not Mark Bruener, you're fine. I picked that guy like five straight years thinking "this has GOT to be the year he gets his head out of his ass."

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Palmer.

And Cosmo, I'd go Shockey, I'm scared of the Vikes' D and yu know Seattle will be triple teaming Burress and Toomer after last week.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was kind of leaning the same way, fmr. I know Clark has been good the last couple of weeks, but to bench Shockey, I dunno. Seems like it wouldn't be a smart choice. I picked up Clark more to have a decent TE when Shockey is on his bye.

8. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

On a side note, is Cosmo asking Jerry, "You got a dog?" in your sidesaddle?

One of my favorite lines ever. From the fleas episode, no?

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I believe so, fmr.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I picked up Desmond Clark as a free agent pick up prior to week 2. Didn't start him (Dallas Clark is my other TE), but I think Desmond appears to be one of Rex's favorite targets.

As long as he gets 5 catches a game, he should at least get 60-70 yards and maybe a TD every 2-3 games. That's more than respectable for a TE.

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Desmond Clark is a decent TE but if Ben Watson is available go after him instead. Once Tom Brady settles down Watson is going to get a ton of balls. I think so far in the two games the Pats have played Brady has missed Watson on three for sure touchdown passes. He is looking for him but just not connecting but he will.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Watson = not available. That's why I asked about Shockey/Clark. That's who I have.

Draft saved Draft deleted