1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Football 2017

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Circus, Aug 13, 2017.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Bradford out. Adjust accordingly for Diggs, Thielen and Rudolph.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Jameis or Carr? Asking for a friend.

Can't risk playing Beckham right, since if he IS out tomorrow there's no way to get someone subbed in?

3. Moderator1

OK, thanks. Good talk. Going with Carr. It is close. Both playing shitty teams. Tiebreaker is Carr is on TV here so I can watch him.
    It is so scientific.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wish I'd loaded up on NFC South players. The Saints secondary is a giving tree.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

My god, Cam's had a worse week than Dalton. I'm toast.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The Bears gave the ol' "We'll suck so bad early the opposing QB won't need to throw" performance.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He's still injured.

8. Moderator1

Two minutes into the 2nd quarter, Carr already has more points than Winston. Plus, I can watch.
    I'm still projected to lose both my games this week because I generally suck as a football owner. Oh well, my baseball team is still alive at least

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nearly all my guys are either through Week 2 or at halftime of their games. So far, not one player has scored a touchdown. It's almost as if they have a phobia or something.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

3-0 this week.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm staring at 0-7!

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Finally get a TD in the night game, and I manage the annual Ugly Win.

For me, every year, I have a week where the team does absolutely nothing, and loses, aka The Annual Shitshow.

Then a week where my team may score the second lowest amount of points in the entire league, but my opponent has the lowest amount of points for a win aka the Ugly Win.

Then a week where I lose despite scoring the second-most amount of points in the league, and my opponent scores the most, aka the Sucky Loss.

And then a week where I either win or lose on some fluke, like a quarterback losing the winning point because he takes a couple of knees at the end of the game, or the kicker making a 50-yard field goal only to have the opposing team commit a penalty and his team choosing to take the points off the board, or someone making a meaningless catch for aHail Mary touchdown to cut the deficit from 20 points to 13, etc.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted